your information, and the ways we keep it secure. It also explains where and
how we collect your personal information and what rights you have over
any information that we hold about you.
This policy apply to you if you make use of our products over the phone, online, or if you use any of
our website or social media accounts.
Who are Trax Controls?
to our online business, whose head office is located at: 112 Sprowston Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR3 4QH, UK.
Types of Information Held
- a). Personal information that you provide to us such as your name,
address, telephone number, email address, and any enquiries or feedback
from you (including via phone, email, post, or when you communicate with our pages on social media. Although we take payment details when you place an order, these
details are held by our payment processor PayPal, and we have no access to your card details whatsoever.
- b). Information about services or products that we have provided to you
in the past, including the service(s) or product(s) provided, when and
where, the amount that was paid, billing address and where the item was
sent (if applicable), and any other information required to process a
- c). Your account login details, including name, email address, and password;
- d). Information on how you use our website(s);
- e). If you are in receipt of our emails, we hold your name and email address,
and the specific preferences for which type of information that you wish
How do we use your information?
The information that we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- a). Make available our services to you;
- b). Process your order;
- c). Take a payment from you or refund money to you;
- d). Ensure our customers are genuine to help prevent fraud;
- e). Conduct statistical analysis;
- f). Send tailored email marketing to those who opt in.
Who might we share your information with?
- a). Our service providers. We work with various other organisations to
process transactions and orders, and to answer enquiries. We only share
relevant information with them for them to provide their services to us
or you. For example, only your delivery address, phone number, and email
address will be provided to our logistics partners to help them deliver
your order accurately.
- b). Other organisations or individuals – we may provide your personal
details to outside organisations or individuals if required to by law,
if we need to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and
services, or in response to requests seeking to protect the legal rights
of themselves or others.
- c). Sending you information about our products and services – If you are
signed up to receive our email newsletters your name, email address,
and information preferences are provided to the organisation that
processes them for us. You can amend your preferences or unsubscribe by
clicking the relevant link on the email, or by contacting us.
International transfers of your personal information
We may transfer your personal information to our service
providers based outside of the EEA for the purposes described in this
be subject to one or more appropriate safeguards.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
By law, you can request access to the information that we hold about
you at any time. We will
provide it free of charge, and within 30 days of receiving the request.
Before doing so, we may ask for further information or proof of identity
so that we can correctly identify you on our database.
If any of the information that we retain is incorrect or out of date you may ask us to correct it.
Contact us via one of the methods shown below if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
The right to limit or stop us using your data
You have the right to request that we stop processing and/or delete
your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more or
are keeping it too long, if this does not conflict with any data
Contact us via one of the methods shown below if you wish to exercise this right.
How long do we keep your information?
We retain your personal information for as long as required, to
provide you with high quality service whenever you contact us regarding
our goods or services. Your information is in accordance with the
relevant laws and regulations, and not longer than necessary.
Social Media Accounts
When you interact with our social media accounts (e.g. liking or
sharing posts, leaving reviews, etc.), note that your information may be
visible to the providers of the social media account, as well as other
users. It is your responsibility to ensure your privacy settings are set
to an appropriate level that you are happy with.
Trax Controls has various security measures in place to make sure that your data is protected:
- a). There is no public access to our computer system.
- b). Computers are password protected, and locked when not in use or unattended by staff.
- c). We will never ask for your login password by any means of communication.
- d). We will never ask you for any personal information that is not required to carry out the specific service requested by you.
If you would like to exercise one of the rights above, or have a
question or complaint about this policy, please contact us by one of the
Online: via email, online form or phone here: Contact Us
By Post: Data Protection, Trax Controls, 112 Sprowston Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR3 4QH, UK
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator,
the Information Commissioner. Visit ico.org.uk/concerns for more information.